The Biggest Book Haul to Ever Book Haul

  Okay I lied. It's not actually that big of a book haul but it's the biggest one I've ever done. This is every book I've bought since my last book haul in February and it's gonna be a doozy. Let us begin! 

1. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo 
  I read Shadow and Bone two years ago, and I absolutely loved it! When Siege and Storm was released, I immediately bought it, but never got around to reading it. So when I saw an autographed copy of Ruin and Rising on the shelf of my local bookstore, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to marathon the series. These books were incredible, but sadly I read them during exam time and was unable to write a review after I finished them. I might get around to rereading them sometime soon. 

2. The Time Traveling Fashionista Series by Bianca Turetsky
  I'm gonna be honest, I bought these books purely for the pictures. This series, comprised of three books, entail the adventures of fashionista, Louise Lambert. I got these from the library about a month ago, and found them a little juvenile. The plot isn't that impressive, but the details and the full-color fashion illustrations are incredible! The author clearly did her research. 

3. Just One Day by Gayle Forman 
  I bought this book a million years ago and just forgot to haul it. I read it when I was in Orlando over spring break. It was the only Gayle Forman book (besides sequels, I've heard hers aren't very good?) I haven't read and I must say I was disappointed. If I Stay and I Was Here were so amazing and this one was just...eh. I didn't think the themes and messages were as meaningful as those of the other books. Overall opinion was unimpressed. 

4. Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz 
  This book was highly anticipated by the booktube community and me as well. It is the prequel to a new Disney Channel movie coming out in late July. The book is about the children of Disney villains and their quest to discover good. As the Disney fanatic I am, I very much enjoyed the book. It was a little cheesy (as can be expected) but I did really like it and I can't wait for the movie with all the hero kids, too! 

5. The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black 
  This book blew me out of the water! I already love Cassandra Clare and now I'm so excited to read more from Holly Bkack. I'm not going to say too much about this book since I already reviewed it, and it's good to go into it knowing nothing. Let's just say it's nothing like I expected. I'm dying to read The Copper Gauntlet. 

6. The Lost Hero Graphic Novel by Rick Riordan illustrated by Nate Powell and Orpheus Collar 
  As some of you may know, this is book I bought at the time of my tragic experience at Barnes & Noble. I don't have much to say about this book other than that I have to own every Rick Riordan book ever, so that's why I bought it....READ PERCY JACKSON. I had to say it. 
****SIDE NOTE. Can we just discuss Leo's face on this cover? 
  This is not the face of Bad Boy Supreme. This is the face of a gremlin you're not allowed to feed after midnight. 

7. Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier 
  I know absolutely nothing about this book. I picked it as my consolation prize from the aforementioned tragedy because Kerstin Gier also wrote the Ruby Red trilogy, which I adored! I plan to go into this book not knowing anything because I think that sometimes helps you enjoy the book more, but for those of you who would like to know the premise, look it up on goodreads. 

8. Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, & Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas 
  I've been meaning to read this series for over a year. Ever since I saw the first book at the library with the decimal system label covering the title so it read "Throne of Ass". I just recently finished Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight and am currently in the middle of Heir of Fire. It is an amazing combination of everyone's favorite dystopian and fantasy series. The kickass female protagonist is so great and I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands in the next book, when I comes out in September. 

9. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson 
  This book is super relatable for this time of year because it is about a summer bucketlist! I tore through it because the story is just so adorable and the characters are so relatable. I especially liked this book because it was over 400 pages, which is long for a contemporary. A lot of the time I find myself wanting the story to continue just a little bit longer, but this one was just the right length. Morgan Matson created a gorgeous story and I can't wait to check out her other books, such as Amy and Roger's Epic Detour. 

10. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson 
  I picked up this book for the same reason I picked up #7. This book is by the same author as I'll Give You the Sun, which was a 2014 release that tore through the booktube community. I loved I'll Give You the Sun, so I have high hopes for this book even though a friend told me it's not as good. 

11. Angelfall by Susan Ee 
  My newest addition to the dystopian section of my bookshelf is Angelfall by Susan Ee.  The book combines a dark post-apocalyptic world with the magic of angels. I have yet to read it, but I've heard it's a very quick, dark read. I can't wait to dive in! 

12. The Lighting Thief: 10th Anniversary Edition by Rick Riordan 
  If you don't understand why this is such a big deal, please refer to my previous post titled My Barnes & Noble Horror Story. This book is the crown jewel of my book haul because of all the trouble I went to get it. It's got a lot of special content that was very interesting and gave me more backstory on how my favorite series came to be. 

13. Tiger's Promise by Colleen Houck 
  This is a novella (short story that accompanies a book or series) about the characters of Tiger's Curse before the series. It entails the story of brotherhood rivalry and how Ren and Kishan became entangled with the story's villain. I can't wait to laugh and cry through this small dose of my favorite characters. 

14. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children & Hollow City by Ransom Riggs 
  My friend loaned me MPHFPC (the longest book title ever so I had to abbreviate) a couple months ago and finally read it! The book is sort of a slow build as you enter the world building, but once it gets going, it's amazing! After finishing it, I immediacy key went to the store and bought my own copy plus the second book, Hollow City. 
  Other news in the Miss Peregrine's World includes that it's being turned into a movie! And not just any movie...Tim Burton is directing it! Anyone who has read this book will now that Tim Burton is the perfect person to capture the essence of the story. Ransom Riggs has been on set multiple times during shooting so I have high hopes for this movie considering the author involvement. 

THE END
We've come to the end of my behemoth of a book haul. Even though the numbers only say there were 14 books, there are actually 22 because I combined series. I actually bought two other books recently, but they will be included in a future special book haul once I buy a few more books of their kind. Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which YA Book Should You Read Next Based on Your Myers-Briggs Type?

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book 1: The Sword of Summer

Let's Reread The Mortal Instruments