Blood of Olympus Crackpot Theories!

  Since BoO comes out in less than a month, I thought I'd discuss my theories with you.
  My first couple theories revolve around Nico di Angelo, not surprisingly. I feel almost certain that he will have confront his fears and feelings and talk to Percy. I don't know what circumstances will lead to this confrontation, but it's gonna happen! Said circumstance may involve Nico dying...don't start screaming! 
  I've been pondering Nico dying since the end of SoN, when it was said that he was missing (I think that's when it happened). Then, after MoA, I was certain he was going to die in HoH. So many passages during that book elude  to that end, BUT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. All those conversations with Hazel about the House of Hades being especially dangerous to them, and it didn't happen. 
  I was so sure, because he's just the right amount of devastating without killing one of the seven. I mean, let's list it out. 
-you can't kill Percy or Annabeth because reasons. (And we know they survive, because the crossovers are set after HOO, and they're in them). 
-if you don't kill Percy, then you can't kill Jason. The reason being that Rick has to keep the Greek/Roman parallel going. It doesn't make sense for the Greek leader to survive, but his roman counterpart is dead. 
-piper's character hasn't really developed since TLH, only her relationship has. I don't think Rick would be real keen on killing his new Aphrodite representative, after Silena Beauregard in TLO. It would make the Aphrodite cabin seem even more screwed up than it already is.
-Rick isn't going to kill Leo. He just had a huge character development after Calypso and he wouldn't be killed without having closure on that end. And he's too popular a character. 
-he's not gonna kill Hazel. He already did that. Been there done that. 
-Frank is nearly invincible, and his only weakness was basically solved in HoH. Frank also blossomed as a character in the book and I don't think Rick would rip that away one book later.
NICO IS THE OBVIOUS CHOICE. Except for Octavian. That bitch can drop dead. 
  I also have some theories surrounding Octavian. I have reason to believe he is being possessed by Gaea. I mean think about it. Who is driving the Romans to attack the Greeks? OCTAVIAN. Who is separating the two sides and betraying Reyna? OCTAVIAN. Who is playing right into Gaea's plans? OCTAVIAN. If not this, then he's just a really terrible person or just plain ignorant. 
  If this is true,I think he might kill Reyna. AND THAT SCARES THE SCHIST OUT OF ME! I mean, we know he's capable of murder as he attempted/succeeded to kill Gwen in SoN (not quite sure what to consider that since she died and came back). I have no idea of the circumstances, but I just have this dread that Reyna's going to die. I feel it may be part of a big load of despair at the end, like Reyna's dead, the demigods are captured somewhere, hope is lost. BUT THEN THE SEVEN FIGURE OUT SOME WAY TO SAVE THE WORLD SO NICO AND REYNA DIDN'T DIE IN VAIN. 
  The reason I chose these two to die is because we've been built up for multiple books that two demigods, a boy and girl, are going to die. Yes, they've been saying that the two are being sacrificed to Gaea, but it sounds like if she does actually wake up, there's no stopping her. Similar to in TLO when they had to stop Kronos before he graduated to his pure Titan form. I think Rick may pull a plot twist on us so that no one is sacrificed but two still die, just not two of the seven like we think. I mean he did the same thing in TLO because everyone thought the prophecy meant that Percy was going to die but it turned out to be Luke. Having Nico and Reyna die would be the perfect way to pull a 180 on us and devastate us at the same time. 
  I have a theory about Calypso and Leo, too. DONT WORRY THIS ONE'S HAPPY. I might be biased because i want them to have a happy ending because their parting was so sad. It just has to happen because 
I can see Rick doing a chapter from each of the seven's perspective after they defeat Gaea as a sort of wrap-up. Like Jason decides he wants to stay at CHB and maybe something happens with Percabeth's relationship, perhaps and engagement, but that's probably just wishful thinking. I can also see Leo's chapter being him sailing to Calypso's island after fixing the astrolabe with the crystal. He's jumping up and down waving while Claypso just stands there in shock. Then some dialogue similar to that of viria's drawing of their reunion insues (if you haven't seen the drawing you should really look it up), and then HAPPILY EVER AFTER. Unless Leo dies in her arms because "an oath to keep with a final breath" HOLY SCHIST. 
  THIS LINE TERRIFIES ME. I HAVE NO IDEA. MY THEORY MIND IS SCATTERED. OH GODS. THEY ALL MADE OATHS. IT COULD BE ANY OF THEM. 
  On that happy note, my theories end. I hope these have inspired fear in your mind or inspired you to make your own theories. I hope to see everyone at a bookstore on October 7th because when that book comes out... 
RICK: 
THE FANDOM:
*sprints towards bookstore*
  Hope this was helpful. Read a book! -Libby. 

 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which YA Book Should You Read Next Based on Your Myers-Briggs Type?

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book 1: The Sword of Summer

Let's Reread The Mortal Instruments