Holiday Book Haul

  I guess it's no surprise, but I got books for Christmas. I thought I'd share some of the great books I received. 

The Bane Chronicles

  This anthology of short stories about warlock, Magnus Bane of the Shadowhunter Chronicles, is something I have been wanting to read for a while. I didn't read the stories when they were released individually because it was only in ebook form. When it came out as a full book, I was beyond excited! I've read about half of it so far, and it is hilarious. Thank you Cassandra Clare for giving us even more of our favorite warlock even if his time might have come to an end. 

I'll Give You the Sun

  I literally don't know anything about this book other than it's about twins, but one of my favorite booktubers, Polandbananabooks, recommended it as one of her favorites from 2014. I haven't even read the description because I like to go into contemporaries without knowing anything. You can check out the goodreads summary though.  

Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress

  I LOVE THE LUNAR CHRONICLES! I read these books back in October (sorry I haven't reviewed them. I'll get there) and they are absolutely amazing. This series is fairytale retellings in a dystopian settings. It's hard to describe how much I love these books. 

Ruby Red

  I originally found this book because it had a pretty cover. Embarrissing but true. The youtuber I mentioned earlier (her name is Christine) also recommended this series. As far as I know, it's about a girl who can travel through time. As the doctor who lover that I am, I decided to pick this one up and give it a go. I'm super excited! 

My True Love Gave to Me

  This book is an anthology of short stories pertaining to the holidays. It has 12 stories by the authors on the cover above, edited by the one and only Stephanie Perkins. There are romantic stories, platonic stories, funny stories, etc. There's something for everyone! I'll definitely have a review up soon, I really liked this book. 

Ender's Game

  Im a little late to this bandwagon, and I still don't know what the hell people are talking about when they discuss this movie or book. I need to enlighten myself. My friend gave it to me for Christmas, so I'll probably pick it up sometime soon. 

Four

  This book is one I read a while ago, but I got my own copy over the holidays. It contains three stories from the point of view of Four (Tobias) from Divergent. I'll admit, I've had some rough times with Four, but this book helped me like and appreciate him a little more than I did during the series. 

BONUS
642 Things to Write About

  My cousin gave me this awesome book whose premise is fairly simple. There are 642 prompts in it that just give you some things to write about. This is absolutely perfect for me because I love writing (That's why I do this) but I'm constantly hurting for ideas. I can't wait to get writing in it! 

Well that's all for now! I'll have some new posts up soon and I'll see you guys in 2015!!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which YA Book Should You Read Next Based on Your Myers-Briggs Type?

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book 1: The Sword of Summer

Let's Reread The Mortal Instruments