#SOCIAL MEDIA BOOK TAG

  Social medias are a very important and influential part of internet society. I have them, you have them, we all have them. The social media book tag was flitting around book vloggers on YouTube, and even though it's not for the blog format, I thought it was really fun so I'm doing it. #dealwithit.

TWITTER
What is your favorite short book?
  I'm not sure what constitutes as a "short" book, but I'm going to say it's around 200 pages or less. For this category, I am going to go with my favorite 221 page read, Looking for Alaska by John Green.
  This book is so moving and emotional within its few pages, that by the time you finish it, you are shell shocked. "What do you mean it's over?" you ask. I read this book right after reading The Fault in Our Stars, and it totally hooked me on the drug that is John Green novels. If you haven't picked it up and you are of an appropriate age, you should definitely read it.

FACEBOOK
What is a book you were pressured into reading?
  THAT'S RIGHT. LET'S PUBLICLY SHAME LIBBY BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T READ HARRY POTTER FOR A REALLY LONG TIME. When I was in elementary school, I didn't like fantasy literature. I only read real world series. After much begging, pleading, and a postcard from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, my friend finally convinced me to read Harry Potter when I was in the 5th grade. Never have I been so happy to give into peer pressure!

TUMBLR
What is a book you read before it was cool?
  I'll admit that I read most books because the internet told me to. I don't really care when someone reads a book as long as they read it. I don't really pride myself on being a book hipster, but if there was one book/series whose bandwagon I was on from the start, it would be THE DIVERGENT TRILOGY.
  I READ THE DIVERGENT BOOKS AS THEY CAME OUT. I followed Tris on her incredible journey from start to finish. When the first book got optioned for a movie, I was like "That's right bitches, this is gonna be the next big thing." Needless to say, I was right.

INSTAGRAM
What is a book whose cover is so pretty that you just want to model with it?
   DAMMIT TIGER'S CURSE. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO BEAUTIFUL? This book doesn't even need a filter, it's so gorgeous on its own. *whispers* It's almost as pretty as the hot Indian guys within its pages. ;)

MYSPACE
What is a book you don't associate yourself with anymore?
  About two years ago, I was in love with a little fantasy book series called Beautiful Creatures aka The Caster Chronicles.
  I was obsessed with these books and convinced that I loved them. Now that I look back, there were a lot of plot holes, unexplained character development, and bad world building. I didn't realize how much I hated these books until I read the terrible fourth and final book Beautiful Redemption. I got smacked in the face with the reality of bad writing. I'm hoping the spin off series will be more promising.

YOUTUBE
What is a book you want turned into a movie?
  I think The Lunar Chronicles would make amazing movies. Sci-fi fans would enjoy the space and robot elements and fans of books like The Hunger Games and Divergent would enjoy its dystopian setting and YA audience. Also, judging by the success of TV shows like Once Upon a Time, which I am obsessed with, I think these movies would do really well. The combination of space and fairy tales would draw in a large audience of all ages and the special effects would be incredible! I am dying to see this world and story transcribed into film.

GOODREADS
What is a book you recommend to everyone?
  Is my answer to this question really going to surprise you? IF YOU HAVEN'T PICKED UP A PERCY JACKSON BOOK BY NOW, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?
  I don't care how old you are, please just pick up the hilarity and epicness that is the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The first five are fairly quick and you'll power through them in no time. The spin off is even better, and I'm totally and completely obsessed if you haven't already picked up on that. Just read it. OR RICK RIORDAN WILL SWOOP INTO YOUR BEDROOM AT NIGHT AND THROW YOU INTO THE DEPTHS OF TARTARUS. Too soon? Too soon.
************************************************************************************************************************************
  Well, that concludes the social media book tag. I hoped you enjoyed this. Be sure to comment your answers to some of the questions, and subscribe to my blog to get emails when I post, which will hopefully be soon. While I'm gone, DFTBA and keep reading! (if you don't know what "DFTBA", means please reevaluate your life choices and check out my last post).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which YA Book Should You Read Next Based on Your Myers-Briggs Type?

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book 1: The Sword of Summer

Let's Reread The Mortal Instruments