The Little Things

  Can we just talk about life for a second? Something just happened to me that really got me thinking. 
  Flashback to about 2 hours ago. I'm hungry, peering in the fridge (as you do), when I get the idea to make a smoothie. I saw some recipes online, I'm gonna make a bitchin' smoothie and be Pinterest af. 
  So I saunter on over to the pantry to collect my ingredients and as I do that, I remember that the peanut butter jar is untouched. Now this might not mean anything to you, but to me, being the first to open the peanut butter is a pain in the butt. There's oil in the top that has to be distributed so the peanut butter doesn't dry out which is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. As I start to complain about the dry peanut butter I'm about to eat, I remember that we have a stirrer! 
  Now I've never used it before, but I opted to just figure it out. I finish stirring up my peanut butter and peel back the seal to find the most GORGEOUS PEANUT BUTTER IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. IT WAS THE CREAMIEST, MOST BEAUTIFUL PEANUT BUTTER, and it was about to go in my smoothie. 
  After my amazing peanut butter experience, I head over to grab a banana. As luck would have it, I picked the banana with absolutely no spots. None. It was the most pristine banana. +2 happy points for my non-bruised banana. 
  As I want a yummy banana smoothie, I grab the third ingredient that could cause a problem for me: honey. The reason honey is problematic is that I hate being sticky. I hate hate hate it. Honey and syrup are my mortal enemies. I carefully pour in my honey, and when I'm done I find that I am not sticky in the least. No sticky. At all. 
  At this point I'm starting to dance around the kitchen because for some reason everything is going right for me today. I blend up my smoothie and look for a cup. Some cosmic force must love me because my favorite cup is sitting there waiting for me. It's big, it's blue, and it's perfect for my smoothie. And just to top it all off, this was the best smoothie I've ever made. 
  So as a drink my smoothie, I begin to contemplate how everything just came together on this random Tuesday. Did karma want to reward me for something I've done recently? Is luck not merely made of coincidences? Does it actually exist? Is there really a cosmic force that takes time out of its cosmic day to make sure my peanut butter is creamy and my banana is spotless? 
  Instead of trying to unravel the secrets of the universe, I've decided to just appreciate what the universe did for me today. A combination of little things just came together to make my day better and it truly taught me a lesson. You don't need miracles to be happy, little things can be just as good. Now this might sound super cheesy, but I am literally in awe of how amazing a smoothie can make me feel.   
  I think I'm going to try to commit to an optimist outlook from now on. I like to consider myself an optimist, but I'm really going to try to seek out little things that make me happy in all situations. I truly think that just trying to find little things will help you to think more positively in other aspects of your life. 
  If you got this far in the post, I'd just like to thank you. You just sat through me experiencing a new worldview because of an effing smoothie. So thanks for that. I'm going to post my recipe for my smoothie below in case you're curious. I'll be back with book stuff soon so I will see you then. ¡ADIOS!
  
Libby's GO BANANAS Smoothie

• 1 medium sized banana 
• a scoop of creamy peanut butter
• an even larger scoop of plain Greek yogurt 
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract 
• 1 cup of almond milk 
• however much honey you want (you're welcome for these super precise measurements.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which YA Book Should You Read Next Based on Your Myers-Briggs Type?

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book 1: The Sword of Summer

Let's Reread The Mortal Instruments